2019 Vote 1 Regional Arts
IN 2019 REGIONAL ARTS AUSTRALIA CALLED FOR AN INCREASE OF AT LEAST $2 MILLION PER YEAR TO THE REGIONAL ARTS FUND
We believe that 25 million Australians are better off when the 8.8 million Australians who live outside of the metropolitan cities are creative, productive and thriving, contributing their unique perspectives to the national identity and making Australia a more culturally diverse nation.
Increasing funding to the RAF will enable more support, better
outcomes and stronger communities across Australia. The RAF is an
extensive national program, funded by the Australian Government and is
one of the most successful funding programs supporting arts and culture
in Australia. Between 2012 and 2016 the Regional Arts Fund supported
1,458 projects; 3,979,899 participants; 843 professional development
opportunities; 1,943 artists and arts workers and 3,015 partnerships.
The aim was to restore the RAF to its pre-2010 value by lifting the
total value of the fund to $22.5 million over four years, beginning in
We asked for the communities support to let our elected representatives know that regional arts matter and that the RAF deserves to be increased.
VOTE 1 REGIONAL ARTS CAMPAIGN OUTCOMES
- Campaign went live 18 March
- Distributed over 100 campaign packs (including postcards, bumper stickers and badges) around Australia
- There was also overwhelming support for our letter writing campaign
- The marketing metrics highlighted the increase in RAA visibility aligned with the campaign
- A number of articles were published mentioning the campaign
- There was an election commitment of an additional $1m commitment from the Australian Labor Party, but no extra funding commitment from the Liberal National Party.
#regionalarts #vote1regionalarts #thinkremotetogetourvote