IN 2023 WE INVITE YOU TO HELP US IMAGINE THE NEXT 80 YEARS OF REGIONAL ARTS IN AUSTRALIA
In 2023 Regional Arts Australia will celebrate 80 years since being established in 1943 as the Council for the Encouragement of Music.
In 1943 our founder Miss Dorothy Helmrich, affectionately known as Dot, envisaged a nation where people living in regional, rural, and remote Australia could contribute to, participate in, and enjoy the arts on equal level to those living in metropolitan areas.
For 80 years, Regional Arts Australia has been facilitating opportunities, increasing access, maintaining collaborative relationships, and providing timely support to celebrate Australian stories across art forms and across landscapes.
Regional Australia is changing, the role and value of the regional
arts sector is changing. Regional Arts Australia is an active voice in
this changing environment: connecting the dots for artists, arts
organisations, audiences and communities.
THERE ARE TWO WAYS TO HELP US CELEBRATE OUR 80TH YEAR
1. Pledge a Dot is a fundraising initiative to secure the future of Regional Arts Australia. The campaign seeks to raise $1 million to increase core capacity in the delivery of support for arts in regional Australia.
2. Sponsor a Regional Artist Residency in a new strategic program
providing income for 80 artists in year-long community-based residencies
across regional Australia.
Powered by Australian Communities Foundation. Regional Arts Australia is a sub-fund of Australian Communities Foundation, which is a public charitable foundation. All donations over $2 are tax-deductible.
PARTNER WITH US
Partnerships are critical and are key in leveraging cross industry support and championing arts in regional, rural, and remote Australia beyond the Arts Sector. By partnering with Regional Arts Australia, your organisation/company will:
- be aligned with RAA, a nationally networked and deeply connected organisation whose reach spreads from major regional centres to some of the most remote parts of Australia
- be contributing to the vibrancy, sustainability and liveability of regional and remote communities
- connect with the longest running arts organisations in Australia
- amplify the voices, stories and dreams of regional and remote Australia.