RAF Cultural Tourism
INCREASING TOURISM VISITATION IN REGIONAL, RURAL AND REMOTE COMMUNITIES ACROSS AUSTRALIA BY PROVIDING FINANCIAL SUPPORT FOR ARTS AND CULTURAL ACTIVITY
The Cultural Tourism Accelerator Program and extension, Cultural Tourism Generator Program, was an Australian Government initiative delivered through the Regional Arts Fund to help strengthen local visitor economies. The Program sought to increase tourism visitation in regional, rural, and remote communities across Australia, by providing financial support for the promotion of arts and cultural activities.
All rounds of the Cultural Tourism Accelerator Program and Cultural Tourism Generator Program have closed.
CULTURAL TOURISM ACCELERATOR PROGRAM
The Cultural Tourism Accelerator Program aims to:
- Support place-based programs to increase visitation
- Build consumer confidence and activate engagement
- Drive engagement across communities and between regions
- Support sector-led responses.
CULTURAL TOURISM GENERATOR PROGRAM
The Cultural Tourism Generator Program aims to:
- Support small-to-medium organisations through mentorship
- Mentors will work with the organisation to develop capacity to deliver a tourism, audience focused project
CULTURAL TOURISM GENERATOR MENTORS
Three industry experts have been announced as mentors in the Cultural Tourism Generator Program:
- Western Australia - Claire Savage (Creatively Savage) and Liz Jack (Liz Jack and co). Claire is an international expert in sustainable tourism development and Liz Jack is a passionate community and economic development advocate.
- Victoria and Tasmania - Jane Ross from The Culture Farm. Jane has over 20 years industry experience working in arts marketing and cultural tourism for Government, Not for Profit, and commercial organisations including 2.5 years as Executive Officer at Cultural Attractions of Australia.
- New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia, Northern Territory - Monica Davidson, Kelly Heylen, Daniel Dunlop and Pauline Clague from Creative Plus Business. Creative Plus Business is an educational organisation dedicated to helping creative practitioners and arts bodies develop their entrepreneurial skills.
CULTURAL TOURISM ACCELERATOR PROGRAM RESEARCH PROJECT
Regional Arts Australia (RAA) and Culture Counts have released new research findings on cultural tourism demonstrating the major influence that arts and cultural events have in driving tourism to regional and remote Australia.
The RAA Cultural Tourism Accelerator Program 2021-2022 Research Project indicates that arts and cultural activity in regional and remote Australia creates significant economic impact and community connection.