The Creative Regions National Summit is a biannual event, created to inform future policy development, foster conversation and provide a platform for discussions around arts, health, well-being and regional communities.
The Creative Regions National Summit explores liveable, sustainable and healthy regional communities and the vital role of arts and culture within this.
The inaugural Summit, held on Monday 16 October 2017 at Parliament House, Canberra included key note lectures, panel discussions and presentations by diverse speakers.
- Jack Archer | CEO, Regional Australia Institute
- Sheena Boughen | Strategist, Mentor and former Chairperson, Four Winds Bermagui
- Vic McEwan | Artistic Director of The Cad Factory.
- Jessie Williams | Executive Director, the GroundSwell Project
- Jenuarrie | President, Arts Nexus
- Tony Grybowski | CEO, Australia Council for the Arts
- Jim Rimmer | Senior Project Officer, Mental Wellbeing & Arts, VicHealth
- Dr John Endacott | Geriatrician & Clinical Director, Sunshine Coast Hospital and Health Service
Renowned Yolngu songwriter and musician, Gawurra, was the featured artist at the 2017 Creative Regions National Summit.
The Creative Regions National Summit Reception was hosted by the Parliamentary Friends of Regional Arts. The Reception provided the opportunity for Summit attendees, Members of Parliament and Senators to discuss and reflect on the themes of the Summit.
For more information on the Summit, please get in touch with us.
View photos from the 2017 Summit here.